Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chipping Away

Jnnfr J. was the first crush I had on a girl who didn't live in my state.*

In my sophomore year of college, a group of us that lived at the now-demolished Mariposa Hall at ASU organized a service spring break trip. Instead of doing it up on a spring break whose sole purpose was drinking, partying, and hooking up, we opted to take a trip to another city and did a service project there.

Our group, which consisted of some really good friends, a girl I wound up dating, a hall director that I had a crush on, and small handful of friendly strangers, chose to fly out to Boston to work with Community Servings, an organization dedicated to delivering healthy meals to homebound folks stricken with HIV and AIDS.

It was actually the first time I flew on a plane. That

Single speck of stardust had gently kissed her left nostril


* Other than Alyssa Milano

No comments: