Monday, August 4, 2008

Scream Phoenix

The digital camera that I purchased for this very endeavor remains safely tucked in its box.

Maps, itineraries, and all sorts of neat, helpful things remain trapped in the ether, unprinted.

Sleep has been sparse and broken, bags remain unpacked, and a full day of sun and water in lieu of being responsible is what's at my front door.

I leave Phoenix in 18 hours and it should be a pretty amazing adventure.

"Either you('re) slingin' crack rock, or you got a wicked jump shot" - Well said, Francis M.H.

Over the next month, I'll be visiting some of favorite cities (outside of Phoenix, of course) - New York, Chicago, New Orleans, and Austin (BFF), hanging out with some of my favorite people, and doing some of my favorite things. Word to Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Now that the boring part is over with ... Hey, remember when people used to put up their cheesy little personal websites, either via the godawful Geocities or their school's website, usually with the sentiment of "welcome to my little corner of the internet" or something similarly corny.

That's what this feels like.

Syreeta's version of The Beatles' "She's Leaving Home" (produced by Stevland Morris) just came up - excellent!

The sun is coming up, so I have to go outside with an illegal weapon and shoot it down, all futile like.

No comments: