Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Old Glory!

It's 5:46am in New York.

I haven't slept all night.

I have two cups of coffee in me - I never drink coffee.

I'm writing this from a hotel I checked out of days ago, outlaw-style!

Since I last checked in (Saturday morning), there have been a million improv shows, an all-night dance party that included wrestling and an acoustic sing-along, and the world turned!

After going all out at the party and saying goodbyes to folks who were going back to their city of origin (Phoenix, Austin, and Chicago amongst them), there were shenanigans and eventually sleep in Red Hook.

Spent the day in Red Hook, and it was really sweet!

IKEA hooked up a water taxi back to Manhattan.

Swung by Speigelworld to catch an awesome music show that featured Amanda Palmer, Dangerville BFFs, Vermillion Lies from Oakland, and Reggie Watt (I'll check the spelling of his name later).

Roamed around, stopped in at Cozy's Soups and Burgers. Consumed an awesome chicken rice soup and aforementioned coffee, with thoughts of getting some writing and biz done there. Wifi was weaksauce there, though, and then popping into ye olde lodging popped into me gulliver.

Here we are and there you go!

Don't forget your hat, Indy!

No comments: